November 24, 2010

almost a week

So it's been almost a week since we deactivate our facebook accounts and I have to say that this has been a real eye opener. In just these few short days I have felt like we have too much pressure to keep our lives up-to-date via a social network so that we feel connected to others. The first couple of days were taking the time to getting use to not picking up my phone to check facebook, or sending pictures to facebook. I find myself thinking "This would be a great status update, or someone would really get a kick out of this picture". I have to say that except for the people that I talk to regularly, I haven't had much communication with anyone. I'm pretty sure I picked one of the worst times of year to deactivate due to holidays and etc, but it's also been the best time of year. I am challenged to focus more on building up the relationships outside of facebook and work on me.

No comments: