This has been one of the greatest explanations that I have heard about religion. My views are my own, and this man says exactly everything that I feel in my heart to be true, out loud. I get caught up in what others believe and what others think, forgetting that I am my own person. Jesus gave so much for me, I need to give more for him.
January 16, 2012
"Pay careful attention to your own work, for then you will get the satisfaction of a job well done, and you won't need to compare yourself to anyone else"
As a person, we generally look at others and compare ourselves to them. "She is so great with her kids. Look at how well they behave. I wish I could parent like that." We often lose focus of our own work. The journey that God has laid out for us, is our own. Some days it doesn't seem like we are getting anywhere and like the days are more of a blur and we are struggling just to make it through them. But God has a plan for you. He has something amazing for you. Take time to stop and recall this verse when you are struggling. And to always remember that God is satisfied with your work.
January 6, 2012
*In no particular order*
- Create a Christ-Centered Home
- Record myself reading to my kids
- Teach our Boys to cook
- Finish learning how to play my guitar
- Be a full time Stay At Home Mom
- Actually update my blog for a full year
- Build our own home.
- Read through the entire bible
- See RHCP in concert
- Take our kids camping for a week
- Visit Jerusalem and walk around in the places where Jesus walked.
- Take my kids on a Caribbean cruise
- Take my kids to Disneyland
- Own and operate a Bed & Breakfast with my Husband
- Rent an RV and Travel the states
- Make my own laundry soap
- Make my own bread
- Visit Italy and Hawaii
- Take a photography class
- Take our family to camp and attend Spirit West Coast
- Go on a mission to another country (Not attached to USA)
- Make a will
- Pay off everything and get out of debt
- Find my spiritual gift and put it to use
Find someone from my past and apologize
- Bring someone to know Jesus
- Learn how to use Photoshop
So one of my goals that I have set for myself this year, is to update my blog a tad bit more regularly. (Did anyone notice that I didn't have a single post in 2011?) Lot's of things have happened over the past year.
|Our first niece was born! (It about time we had a girl around here!)|
|Toby had surgery on his hand in April.|
|My wonderful Sister in Christ married the man of her dreams. <3|
|I started Cosmetology School.|
|Garren got quite the shiner the day before his Birthday. (3 Stitches)|
|Both dudes started preschool Full-time when I started school.|
|And no year would be complete without the Sparky hurting himself. =D|